The purpose of this test is to collect sperm in patients that have retrograde ejaculation.
3.1.2 Sampling recommendation
The sample should be taken after 3 to 5 days of sexual abstinence.
– Take a teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate the night before.
– On the morning of the collection, drink one liter of water and take a teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate (about 2 hours before the collection).
– Wash hands thoroughly with soap.
– Wash the glans of the penis with a disinfectant wipe provided by the laboratory.
– After masturbation, collect all of the ejaculate in the sterile vial provided by the laboratory.
– Wait 5 to 10 minutes.
– Collect the first urine streams in the 2nd vial.
– Label the vials with your first and last names if this was not done by the laboratory. Record the time and date of the collection.
NB: To be done preferably at the laboratory ++
To transport the vials to the laboratory, keep them at 37°C during the transport and bring them in less than 30 minutes.